I’ve had to slow down on HeroQuest development because I moved from TX to CA and changed jobs (from AMD to Samsung).  Progress has continued but at a slower rate.  Meanwhile, I got contacted by a volunteer (Justin) to join the project.  So far Justin has been working on spells (menus and game logic), control systems, and game menus.  We’ve also had some emails to coordinate and to brainstorm on design and implementation details.

Here are some early screen shots showing some of what Justin has been working on. Spell Menu UI.  Multi-square mouse movement (click on a dst and the game finds a path).  Pass through rock (walk through walls).  Veil of mist (walk through monsters).  Courage (+2 attack eg 5 instead of 3).  Genie (attack with 5 dice).  Swift Wind (roll double move dice).  Thank you Justin for the help, and I hope we can continue working on this long-term!

And to anyone reading this, if you’re (into UnrealEngine and HeroQuest) and (serious about devoting significant effort to contribute), then feel free to contact me.

image image image image image image image image